1. The kids and I always take Fridays off in the fall to enjoy the homeschool hikes with our homeschool group. Today the hike was moved up an hour so that folks could get to mass to celebrate the feast day.
2. Then we made it to noon mass.
Long-time readers will recognize this dress. Izzy wore it for a few years and Rosie got some wear out of it last year. This year I changed up the head piece, added an apron and a basket and voila-St. Elizabeth of Hungary!
We had a little saints today from all countries and throughout history!
And Izzy brought some of her famous cupcakes.
3. Probably the biggest thrill for Rosie this week was to meet her niece! She was the last one in the family to see and hold the baby having to wait a whole two days! But when the two met Rosie was joyous!
Come to think of it, Grandpa looks pretty happy too. I love this picture of Mr. Pete's hands - such strong hands - just what a little girl would want in a grandpa.
5. Rosie really wanted to see a "scary" movie for Halloween, so I got the Sixth Sense. It wasn't easy to find - it isn't streaming on Netflix or Amazon and I had to go to two different libraries to find it. But it was definitely worth the trip. I just loved the expression on Rosie's face when she figured out that Bruce Willis was also dead!
But this scene of the little boy with his mom talking about grandma is my favorite.
7. Last week of soccer!! Can't believe we endured as the leaders through the entire fall season. But so grateful that the end is in sight.