Outside my window...
Great soccer weekend!!
I am thinking...
I can't help it - I just love watching Gabe's long hair flow behind him when he runs.
I'm also thinking about this speech I have to give in two weeks about Catholic Home Education - I have no idea how many people will show up and I have no idea how receptive to home schooling they are going to be. I already had a mom ask me if I was going to speak about other online schools like OHDELA or K12... sigh - no I am only speaking about actual homeschooling.
Interestingly, Mr. Pete and I have a disagreement about that. He thinks any education done at home is homeschooling. I keep trying to talk philosophy and tell him about Charlotte Mason and Raymond Moore - but he is convinced that it is home education - even if all the parent provides is the electricity to plug in the computer!!
Still, those schools have great presentations that they give themselves and I'm sure I wouldn't be doing them any favors by trying to cover them too. I'm sticking with what I know.
I am thankful ...
that my oldest son started work today. In six weeks he will receive all of his unemployment pay too - so I'm very happy for him.
I am also happy we made it through another busy weekend! It went something like this.
Soccer playoffs on Saturday morning.
Gabe and Sam get over to church to practice music for mass.
Noah shows up 20 minutes before mass to serve.
Get everyone home after mass to get ready for the dance.
Dance until 11:00.
Sunday attend the last PSR class for the year. Woot!!
Piano recital at 2:00
From the learning rooms...
Gabe and Noah
- New Testament Survey from Homeschool Connections was completed - now on to an Old Testament Survey also with Homeschool Connections
- Rosetta Stone Latin 2.
- Saxon math for Noah, Algebra I Gabe. Gabe is ALMOST DONE with Algebra I - on to Geometry probably in the next month.
- Apologia Science General for Noah and Physical for Gabe. Noah took a test yesterday and moves on to Chapter 5 (noting that he already did the end of that book last year). Gabe will hopefully take a test today after he wakes up from last night's gig.
- William Bennett America: American History. Which is hands down the best history book I've ever read for my kids!
- Writing Institute assignments, Spelling Power.
- Gabe is almost done with his Vocab book!
- Also reading
- Saxon Math 67
- Apologia Creation Science Anatomy and Physiology - nervous system.
- Diane Craft right- brain training for language arts and reading.
- History with Gabe and Noah
But we will probably finish that and start Farmer Boy this week!
- Pathway Readers
- Saxon Math
- MCP Phonics
I am reading...
The Righteous Mind - Why Good People are Divided on Politics and Religion
Chicken Pasta Salad
I'm stumped for the rest of the week! I'll come up with something though - hopefully some grilling?
I am wearing...
Blue Shorts that I actually had to go out and buy on Saturday because my laundry didn't get done in time- $10 bucks on sale though at Walmart! Pink work shirt!
I am creating...
a cute craft idea I have for Pentecost Sunday!!
I am going...
I am going to do this
Plus some Calorie Killer and maybe Karen Voight - That should make for a great week of workouts!
I am hoping....
To be faithful to workouts the next two weeks - because I have a birthday goal!
I am hearing...
Humm of the air conditioner
Around the house...
Laundry, plant some kind of ground cover that likes a lot of light because all of that ivy died!
Picture I am Sharing
Izzy the soccer player turns into
Isadora ready for the ball!