This is going to be a real quick take- lots to do this weekend.
1. Noah's recital piece - first time he has performed from memory!
2. Izzy's recital piece - she totally messed up the first song, but kept going and looked like, "This is how the song goes folks, deal with it!" She is definitely cool under pressure!
3. Rosie is going to be a hard one to homeschool this summer. When her little friends are out she gets dressed and runs outside, frequently without even stopping for breakfast. But more troubling is that I can't seem to keep her off the road. We live on a very short street without a lot of traffic, but it is still troubling to see her playing in the street. Last week I happened to look out the window and saw her whizzing down the center of the road on her scooter, big smile on her face and wind in her hair. I made her come in and told her that she was not to use her scooter to go down the street and if she did it again I was going to take it away from her. So Friday I look out the window, and she is on her 9-year-old friend's handlebars, whizzing down the center of the road, big smile on her face and wind in her hair. Apparently the lesson she learned was not to use the scooter down the street! I didn't say anything about riding on someone else's handle bars!
4. Mr. Pete's soccer team won their first EVER championship! They did it with only 7 players and no substitutes. They played smart and won the game. Mr. Pete's only regret is that he had to win a championship when the team color was PINK!
5. Remember that talk I gave to the confirmation class a few months ago? Here's the video.
6. Mr. Pete made plans for this three-day weekend that don't include me. He helped his friend roof his house on Saturday afternoon, and he has plans to help another friend put in a kitchen on Memorial Day.
7. But out of guilt he mulched the side of the house I want to overgrow with ivy!! So it worked out!