1. I spoke with one of the brides in an upcoming wedding. She wasn't aware that she was supposed to have picked out readings for her wedding ceremony, So I offered to go to the church, pick up the prepared packet of wedding readings and information, and take it over to her house. I have been busy the last couple of days, so I put it off, but today the weather was beautiful and I decided to check it off my To-Do list. Taking Gabe with me, I went to the rectory to pick up the wedding packet with the readings, and then proceeded to take it to the bride's home. It wasn't hard to find the house and as I pulled into the drove I asked Gabe to take the packet and just put it between the screen and front door. He graciously got out of the van and did what I asked.
Suddenly as he was returning to the van, a car pulled up behind me blocking my way and a police officer started questioning Gabe about what he was doing. I heard, "My mom... wedding coordinator... church...bride lives here..." and then suddenly I'm explaining to the police officer what I was doing there and why Gabe was out of the car. As it turns out, the police officer lived there and had been expecting our packet. When Gabe got back in the van, (and when we could safely back out!) I asked Gabe, "Do you think he was a real police officer?" To which Gabe replied with much expression, "Yes MOM! He had a taser and a gun! This is the last time I'm helping you with your wedding shenanigans!"
2. I have a big meeting planned for my homeschool group next Wednesday. I have a speaker coming on from College Plus to talk to my group about obtaining college credits debt free and about the College Plus program. I have sent out flyers, I have advertised it on our support group board and e-mail. I am just really hoping that I'm not sitting in the room by myself next Wednesday- which is why I am bringing in Mr. Pete!
3. Speaking of College Plus, Sam still has not taken the test in Natural Science. We spoke to his college plus adviser yesterday and we determined that he has only used 18% of the Learning Network Resource on the College Plus site. The advisor told us that students that utilize 100% of the site have a 98% success rate on the CLEP tests. So with that in mind, I'm having Sam finish the site. I wonder if he'll be able to take this test before the end of June?
4. For my birthday, I received a 12 pound kettlebell. So I ordered Bob Harper's Kettlebell Cardio Shred Workout and I did it on Wednesday. It was very challenging, but I didn't REALLY know how effective it was until I tried to get out of bed on Thursday. My legs and backside were very sore. I think I'm going to look for some more of these kettlebell workouts. It's nice to have a change from the FIRM and step all the time.
5. In a few weeks Sam will be graduating with our homeschool group. We sort of lucked out with the music for the ceremony. The families involved wanted to move the ceremony to my parish, and my parish choir is preparing to go to Rome to perform! So the graduates and their families will benefit from the beautifully prepared musical sections for the graduation! I'm sure it will be very memorable. In the meantime, I still have to figure out what Mr. Pete and I are going to say for the minute we are allotted before giving Sam his diploma.
6. My niece said the sweetest thing on Facebook about pictures I posted of Mr. Pete.
I treasure Uncle Pete's appearances in this album... on a tractor, movin' dirt,
cookin' MEAT ...
holding pink tissue paper... ;) love it.
7. I have just recently become a member of the Association of Catholic Women Bloggers. Some very well-known and familiar bloggers are members and I'm a little daunted by the great writing! Hoping to perhaps pull something out of my archives, freshen it up and submit it soon. In the meantime, stop on by and check us out!