1. Watched my two sons and the girl next door (really down the street and to the right but - close enough) play their "gig" last night. They played for 20 minutes, songs of their own composition and did a really great job. I should have it on Youtube next week. Mr. Pete and I were really proud of them.
2. Interestingly, Gabe, the third brother, who only got to be in this little band because he plays the drum has become a little star! He does lead vocals and plays the drums at the same time and talks to the crowd between songs - who knew that he would be Mr. Personality!
3. Gabe was my first baby born at home. On the day he was born, Sam, who was only 2 at the time, was taking a nap and missed the birth. When he woke up he came downstairs to see us holding baby Gabe! "Whose baby?" he asked. We told him that this was the baby that had been in my tummy, and Sammy accepted that and held him and started to give him kisses. Then he looked up and asked, "Can we keep him?!" I guess he's glad now that we did.
4. I bought Sam a laptop yesterday. I told him before he could have a graduation party, or a laptop. Since he wasn't that keen on being the center of attention at a party, he got the lap top. I got a good deal on it too. It's a discontinued Toshiba and I got it for $200 off! Since we were running into computer congestion (Noah and Gabe's Latin and Science programs are also on the computer) this should help Sam with his studies.
5. Today I am going to a wedding that will be held outside by a barn (as I understand it) and then inside the barn for the reception. So I am looking forward to that. It is also a Tamale and Sangria Reception with a Paper Lantern Lighting at Twilight. All of this is new to me so I am looking forward to it and of course taking my camera!
6. I guess the logging is done on the property my sister and I own. I thought I would feel bad about that but ya know - nope. Got the check and feel actually pretty good about it! I think we were good stewards of what we had and since some of the trees were actually in decline I think we made the best possible use of our resources.
7. Interestingly, some of the money for taking down trees on that property will be used to take down two big trees right in front of my house! The one tree was planted right over the line that takes sewage and waste water out of the house and every year we get a back up because roots have infiltrated the line. So we're taking them down, and grinding down the stumps and removing the problem. I also don't have to worry about a high wind sending one of those trees crashing into my house. I will miss the shade they provide though so I'm looking at replacing one of them (not over the water line) with something like this!
Bonus - quickstep - I have lost 6 pounds since the start of the year - Geesh- is that slow, but with my knee problems and then bronchitis this week I guess that's better than nothing. Mr.Pete suggested that I should blog that so I am.