1. We are finally going to have SPRING BREAK! I think I have been looking forward to it more than the kids have! I really, really need this one to get organized and just chillax a little bit! No school. For a week. Maybe even a week and Easter Monday - we'll see!
2. Tomorrow for Palm Sunday we are going to play one of my favorite pieces, Behold the Lamb of God, By Father Bob Dufford. I look forward to that all year!! Here's a version of it, but I think I'll try to record ours and share it here later.
3. This is the version of the Stations of the Cross we do on Fridays in my parish. If you really pray the words I think it is a very difficult prayer to pray. For example:
I embrace all the tribulations that Thou hast destined for me until death.
I embrace it. I accept in particular the death that Thou hast destined for me with all the pains which may accompany it;
I talked to my kids about this, but I don't think they truly grasp what they are saying. It's sort of like the difference between a pregnant woman who has never given birth and a woman who has given birth. One sort of knows what's ahead, but the other definitely does! Once you've seen suffering, pain and death particularly in loved ones, it gives these words more weight and severity - at least it has for me.
4. Gabe was chosen to sing a special part in Pie Jesu. Their version has has two sopranos, two tenors and two basses. I'll try to get that tomorrow too if possible. It's the first time he has been singled out to sing in a small group so that was neat. The two sopranos from our choir sound like angels - absolute angels!
5. I had wanted to do some special Lenten readings for Lent, but haven't done as much as I really wanted. However, I have been reading Uncle Tom's Cabin with Gabe and Noah and it has been a surprisingly very soul stirring Christian read!
UTC of course, was written in the 19th century about the evils of slavery, but when I read this yesterday I thought about our country and the scourge of abortion. See what you think.
"My view of Christianity is such, " he added, "that I think no man can consistently profess it without throwing the whole weight of his being against this monstrous system of injustice that lies at the foundation of all our society; and, if need be, sacrificing himself in the battle. That is, I mean that I could not be a Christian otherwise, though I have certainly had intercourse with a great many enlightened and Christian people who did no such thing; and I confess that the apathy of religious people on this subject, their want of perception of wrongs that filled me with horror, have engendered in me more scepticism than any other thing."
6. Looking ahead after Easter - how about another Royal Wedding!
7. While I love those wedding dance videos I realize that they are for FUN and hopefully not REAL!! Still, I have had some wedding parties that have pulled coups before and done things their own way despite how we covered them during rehearsal - I wonder how long it will be before someone tries this!! and what will Father do about it!!!???