1. I've decided I don't want to see Sarah Palin run for office, especially the office of president. She is now damaged goods. I still admire her and appreciate everything she stands for, but the left and the main stream media have gone out of their way to malign her at every turn. Politics is an ugly job and it keeps getting uglier. She should just stay out of it in my opinion.
2. In the political forums I've been frequenting, defending Sarah Palin feels a lot like being an apologist for the Catholic Church right after the sex scandal broke. Not fun.
3. My 21-year-old informs me that among his friends, Catholicism is not cool. Whenever his Catholic faith comes up, the pedophilia issue comes up as well, and his friends can't imagine why anyone would want to be Catholic or stay Catholic. Unfortunately this seems to be the feeling of his girlfriend as well.
4. On the positive side, this seems to be making my son stronger in his faith. God really does work in mysterious ways.
5. A few years ago, a friend of mine came to my house in tears. She had just had a big birthday and now was very fretful and fearful about her health. She was just sure that now she was of a certain age, that disease and death were waiting for her. I comforted her as much as I could then and as far as I can tell, she is over it and living a full and happy, healthy life. On the other hand, I have felt like a hypochondriac this week. Every little ache and pain sends my mind reeling into the land of, "what if it's cancer?" All triggered by yet another person I know getting a stage IV diagnosis suddenly and out of the blue. It's truly maddening.
6. On the positive side, Sam is just about to take the CLEP test in Mathematics and he is feeling very confident about this one! He is scoring well on the practice tests and wants to schedule the exam for next week. This will be his third attempt at a CLEP exam and with two near misses, I really feel hopeful about this one.
7. I went crazy at the beauty parlor yesterday and cut a lot of length off of my hair. Guess I decided that if I'm going to go gray I should go shorter too. The mirror I use every morning to put on my makeup doesn't have very good lighting. So when I see my hair I think it looks mostly dark with some sprinkles of gray. In the store yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself and it looked about 50/50. Since my sons are all working with fractions and percents now, I asked them what percentage of my hair is gray. Their answers ranged from 15 to 65%. Just as I suspected!! LOL!