1. On Monday I will find out whether or not there is a warrant for my arrest in the State of Michigan for contempt of court - because I procrastinated and didn't get that stuff done on my mom's estate quick enough. Now I'm guessing that there won't be because I did work on it all last month and I overnighted what I had to my attorney's office, but the attorney tells me that when they went to turn the stuff in on December 28, the probate court was closed. Imagine that. So hopefully they'll be flexible because of the holidays.
2. If not I guess I could send them a Mapquest of where I live and have them come get me. Mr. Pete says it won't come to that. They'll just fine me... sigh.
3. I did one of my exercise videos this week instead of going for a long walk. And let me tell you that no matter what they say, walking is not a substitute for doing one of these workouts! Maybe aerobically it is, particularly with the hilly route I walk, but for core work and toning, I have to do more of these tapes.
4. We are having our first dinner party (with another family) using my (new to me) dining room table on Saturday night. I am really looking forward to it.
5. We had two shootings on the street last year. Both times involved my neighbor directly across the street. Both times someone who didn't live there was arrested. The last time was just the week before Christmas. I'm wondering if I need to send them a schedule of nights I want to have company over and ask them if they could refrain from having the police close down the street while I have guests. "Thanks in advance for your cooperation!"
6. We watched last night.
Mr. Pete and I both agreed that it would be such a gift to be able to talk to our moms and dads and grandparents so many years after their deaths. That part of the movie really moved me to tears. This actually was a pretty good family film though we had to edit a couple of parts. Jim Caviezel was great in it as was Dennis Quaid.
7. Another movie I enjoyed that also had that theme of looking backward was . Although I watched that alone on my computer via Netflix. There is only so much of my nostalgic inclinations that my kids can take - So I watched and wept over that one by myself.
I guess the older kids, Mr. Pete and I are watching District 9 tonight. It's R rated for language and violence but Michael Medved gave it 3 1/2 stars, so we'll see.
Please browse my eBay items!
Visit my new Amazon Store!