Join the other Quicktakers at This Ain't the Lyceum.
1. Since we actually were able to grow some grass in the backyard (I say 'some' because with the monsoon season here in Ohio some of the grass was washed away and some of it drowned!) and because we were already to party since we had the birthday parties last month, we decided to go ahead and have a big 4th of July picnic in the yard as well!
2. Nothing like a fun game of corn hole to keep everyone happy!
3. Calvin flew up for the wedding, because they only want to have one car here to drive back afterwards. He had planned to come up on Tuesday, but was told on short notice that there was a training session that they would need him to come to instead. Cal tried to get his flight changed to Wednesday, but the airline was going to charge him an extra $200 to do that. When he explained that to his supervisor, he was allowed to leave on Tuesday - and that turned out to be a good thing since he would have been grounded on Wednesday!
Posted by Tamera Breann Lewis on Saturday, July 4, 2015
4. Last night all four of my sons and my nephew along with Mr. Pete and Calvin's new FIL, Mr. B. all went out to a sports bar for food, drink and fellowship. They also picked up their tuxedos. It was so surreal to see my four six-foot tall sons in the kitchen together.
I can remember when they were little we put the shelf for the cereal right over the refrigerator so that wouldn't be able to eat so much of it. But since they were boys, they managed to climb the counter to get to the cereal boxes anyway. Now they could all reach that shelf without any problem at all.
It almost scares me how quickly the time has passed.
5. I don't pay a lot of money for hair cuts. Mr. Pete cuts Noah's hair and about four times a year gets his own hair cut. The girls only get trimmed a few times a year and I get mine done about four times. I doubt I spend more than $100 in haircuts for myself in an entire year, and I definitely don't spend that for the girls. But tomorrow, I will pay approximately that much for them to whip Izzy's long locks and Rosie's straight hair into wedding up do's!
I say good luck to the stylist! Izzy's hair is so heavy it will take a pound of bobby pins and a can of hair spray to get it to stay up. We'll see!
6. This kid was great at the rehearsal, and is going to be an awesome flower girl!
7. Since tomorrow I become a mother-in-law, I've been looking at mother-in-law jokes.
I have to say that I loved my mother-in-law. She was always very sweet to me.
My own mother came to see Mr. Pete as a son - so I don't have a lot of experience with nasty mother-in-laws. I also hope to never become a bad mother in law.
Nonetheless, I thought this was funny!
A man, his wife and his mother-in-law went on vacation to the Holy Land. While they were there, the mother-in-law passed away.
The undertaker told them, 'You can have her shipped home for £5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for £150.'
The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home.
The undertaker asked, 'Why would you spend £5,000 to ship your mother-in-law home, when it would be wonderful to have her buried here and spend only £150?'
The man replied, 'a man died here 2,000 years ago, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance.'