Outside my window...
I am thinking...
about my mom, my sister, my best friend and just pondering life and winter and Lent.
I am thankful...
for the season of Lent and hoping to make the most of it this year.
I am Pondering...
Thinking a lot about Mr. Pete's grandmother. A new Facebook page for Mr. Pete's family started this week and I've seen more pictures and learned more about his family's past. One of Pete's uncles committed suicide and his death was just devastating to his mother. I just have it on my heart today to pray for Grandma Margaret tonight, although she's been dead since 1968 and I'm sure she is at peace with all of it now. Still... what a horrible thing to have to live through and I just feel sad that she had to.
In the kitchen...
Going to make some blender bread today from my Joyful
Cookbook - completely grain free!
I am wearing...
Black yoga pants, black T-shirt and a grey sweater.
I am going...
- to walk or work out every day but Thursday.
- Speak at the pre-cana conference on Saturday.
- Record flute music for an upcoming CD. Here's a sample of our CD from a few years ago.
From the Learning Rooms...
Noah working on:
- Algebra II with the math tutor
- ACT Course through Brave Writer - received an A.
- ACT prep course
- British Lit and British History -with the Great Courses currently reading
· Biology at home and with co-op - A at first semester.
· Latin 2
· Private piano lessons.
Izzy working on:
· American History - Reading autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
· American Literature-
· Biology with the co-op and at home - A first semester
· Art class.
Rosie working on:
· Map skills
· History and
· Astronomy with the co-op.
· Also bible and vocal music with the co-op.
· Private piano and art
Izzy and Noah doing the Dave Ramsey course to meet their finance requirement for high school. We are almost done with this course and I have to say it has been excellent- would highly recommend!
One of my favorite things...
Letting my granddaughter take selfies.
I am hoping to ...
- Get lots of flute practice done.
- Organizing my office and the classroom.
- Prepare for the pre-cana speech.
I am looking forward to...
- Pre-cana day.
- A relaxing Sunday!
A quote to share...
A quote to share...
"I closed my eyes and took in a big snort of air. It was like someone took a old pot and poured about a hundred gallons of hot apple cider and a hundred gallons of hot coffee into it, then stirred eight or nine sweet potato pies, crusts and all, into that, then let six bit steamy meat loafs float on top of all that, then threw in a couple of handfuls of smashed potatoes, then boiled the whole thing on high. This must be exactly how heaven smells!"Bud Not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis
A picture to share...
Mr. Pete's Dad in the center back. Uncles, aunts and grandparents - just a beautiful family picture taken at Christmas time.