Outside my window...
Photo by Liv-Lobas via the Abandoned Ohio Group on Flickr
I am thinking...
about the two talks I have to give next month. I will be speaking to the girls of our parish's confirmation class after their retreat. A week after that I will speak to the parish's pre-cana couples. Each talk has its own difficulties. The confirmation retreat is given just before lunch time (probably the worst time to ever get teens to listen to anything important) AND after they have spent the entire night in a huge "sleep over" with the entire confirmation class. They are exhausted and in a bad mood and some of them are rather surly. I'm never quite sure how much of my talk they actually hear. The upside this year is that my own daughter will finally be in the group!
The pre-cana class is difficult because even though this is a group of "Catholic"couples, it isn't always a home game. And this year I have to give the talk alone because Mr. Pete has other commitments.
Not fun, but doable.
I am thankful ...
for Rosie- who continues to bring joy and wisdom to our home.
Sunday was the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, so I asked her, "Rosie, since Jesus was God and God is all good, why did Jesus want to be baptized?"
And without missing a beat she replied, "Because He wanted to show us it was safe!"
From the learning rooms...
- Gabe and Noah are answering their poetry comprehension questions via Lightening Literature regarding the poetry of William Cullen Bryant. We also read the Cremation of Sam McGee and The Opportunity by Edward Rowland Sill. We also started "The Red Badge of Courage."
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all four kids.
- Instacert for History.
- American History at Homeschool Connections Recorded Courses.
- Easy Grammar
- Apologia Science - Physical for Gabe and Noah General for Izzy.
- Saxon math for all with math tutor for Gabe and Noah.
- Rosetta Stone Latin 3 - for Noah and Gabe
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy.
- Farmer boy with Izzy.
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
From the kitchen...
Pot Roast with side salad.
I am wearing...
Black pants and black sweat shirt
I am creating...
a new schedule for Noah. He has four physical therapy appointments scheduled to deal with his tight hips and leg muscles. The therapist wants to do dry needling on him at his next appointment. If it makes this process a little quicker for him, I'm all for it. He also has stretching to do. A LOT of stretching.
I am going...
to get four workouts in this week including Body Tech,
Also Rosie and I are going to attempt this craft! From At Second Street blog.
I am reading...
A number of things on my new Kindle Fire- that my kids got me for Christmas!
Bullies by Ben Shapiro
and Jot it Down via Bravewriter
which I am accessing on Kindle via Mozy's new Stash feature.
I am hearing...
the buzzing in my ears and the hum of the computer.
Photo I am Sharing
Mr. Pete has the bathroom tiled. Tonight he grouts! and then hopefully we get the toilet and sink back soon!