Outside my window...
The Christmas wreath is up!!
I am thinking...
a short rant... oh how I hate eBay. I hate it with a burning passion! Not as a buyer mind you. I love the great deals I find and I have always had very nice and reasonable sellers to work with.
But I really dislike being an eBay seller sometimes. Especially for picky customers that we go out of our way for to make the sale as smooth as possible, only to discover they can't be pacified and now we have to get our instrument back and issue a refund. Merry Christmas.
We've only done two big eBay sales this year and after this I am seriously considering just selling instruments via word of mouth or ads in musical magazines. I think I'm done with this.
I am thankful ...
that we got to take part in a special mass on Saturday. The convent near us had one of their sisters take her first vows. We watched her get her veil, and insignia and a ring! They also crowned her with a wreath of roses. It was the first time in my 53 yeas as a Catholic that I have ever witnessed this and it was so nice to see! Afterwards, sister very graciously agreed to pose with Rosie! You can sort of see her little crown of roses on top of her veil.
From the learning rooms...
- Gabe and Noah are done with the Autobiography of Frederick Douglas and working on the essay questions. Reading A Wrinkle in Time as a Family now and they are all enjoying it very much. They have half of the Grant video to watch.
- American History II on the Homeschool Connection this week for Gabe and Noah. Middle School Civil War for Izzy.
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all four kids.
- Apologia Science - Physical for Gabe and Noah General for Izzy. Astromy with Rosie.
- Saxon math for all with math tutor for Gabe, Izzy and Rosie- Noah is doing Algebra I, Saxon.
- Rosetta Stone Latin 3 - for Noah and Gabe
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy.
- Back to Farmer Boy for Izzy's reading. and the Story of Ping this week for Rosie. Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
I am thinking twice baked potatoes with a salad tomorrow.
I am wearing...
Black pants, purple shirt, and a heavy heart at having that sale go south.
I am creating...
a Christmas house- the creche went up today!
I am going...
- To get a workout done whenever I can this week. Might get a walk in tomorrow depending on how cold it is.
- To get in more flute practice time in. One more concert and midnight mass looms ahead.
- Finish my Christmas shopping - which I think is actually done.
- Address Christmas cards.
I am reading...
Finished he autobiography of Frederick Douglas with Gabe and Noah. Half way through Farmer Boy with Izzy
and Rosie is doing some copy work exercises to go with The Story of Ping.
I'm thinking of either Death comes to the Archbishop for the next book or Riders of the Purple Sage. But for December all four of the kids and I are reading A Wrinkle in Time - we needed something lighter for the holiday season! Only two chapters left so I'm not sure what to read after that.
I am hearing...
Gabe and a nice girl he brought home playing video games.
Video I am Sharing:
From one of my recent concerts.