I am thinking...
about seeing my friends tomorrow when we drive up to attend their mother's funeral. Remember my mom as well.
On long life as a huge advantage for a parentFrom my late teens onward, the relationship between my mother and me improved steadily. As the years progressed, I enjoyed her more and, yes, loved her more. Unless either an adult child or a parent has serious psychological issues, I am convinced that what I experienced is quite common. There is an enormous amount of luck -- good and bad -- in life; and one of the greatest pieces of good luck for a parent (and child, for that matter) is for parents and children to have the time to work things out.
I am thankful for...
my friends. We are the godparents for their daughter; he is the godfather for our son, and she and I went through all the trials and tribulations of being young wives together.
From the learning rooms...
Gabe and Noah
- Theology of the Body Course from Homeschool Connections .
- Rosetta Stone Latin 2
- Moby Dick - literature/English
- Gabe start Unit 8 in Apologia Physical Science and Noah Chapter 3 General Science. (I should mention that Noah already did the last 8 chapters in General Science so he really is just going back to do the chapters he skipped the first time.
- Saxon Math - Algebra I for Gabe, Pre-Algebra for Noah
Gabe Izzy and Noah - Finish French and Indian War and move on to the Revolution.
- Daily reading exercises and curriculum via Diane Craft
- Saxon 6/7 - almost done!
- Anatomy and Physiology Creation Science Start unit on Blood.
- Pathway Reader and workbook
- MCP Phonics
- Saxon math 1
I am wearing...
Maroon Sweat pants and T-shirt.
I am creating...
pieces to play at the Irish gig next weekend and also another concert next Sunday.
I am going...
to get four workouts in this week. Only got two in last week.
Last week I did:
I am reading...
I am hoping...
Noah and Gabe get Moby Dick done by next week. They are indeed reading along with Libra Vox.
I am hearing...
The CD Mr. Pete and I helped on last year.
Around the house...
keeping it together during a very busy week. Funeral, concerts, piano competition and confirmation - all in one week - oh yea!
Picture I am Sharing