1. The kids and I traveled down to Columbus for our yearly homeschool portfolio assessment to see Dr. Holinga. Gosh I wish we could have all day with her. She was the reading professional that helped Calvin finally overcome his reading difficulties and we have seen her regularly since then. We spend about an hour catching up with our lives and then each child reads for her and she looks at their portfolios. I have made this a big deal for each child and they try to keep their portfolios in good order.She was happy with each child's progress and gave us the signature we needed to homeschool for another year in Ohio.
2. So now I feel as if I can R E L A X! For the next three weeks while kids are going back to school, my kids are going to be doing projects around the home and organizing ourselves for the next school year. I firmly believe school shouldn't start until after Labor Day and I'm sticking with it!
3. In the meantime, since Mr. Pete is swamped at work and doesn't have a full work force to help him, he has been training Sam and Gabe to repair string instruments and to take apart musical instruments. In essence - they are apprenticing for their father! I think I should count that as school work too.
4. I found this link coming into the blog claiming to be pictures of me. I want to publically state that the picture of the beautiful pregnant lady in labor about to give birth - is not me. Nor am I the sweet looking woman who appears to be attending this woman. The gentleman supporting the beautiful pregnant lady is not Mr. Pete! It's a very powerful photograph though - it's just not us!
5. There is a naked pregnant drawing of me in The VBAC Companion: The Expectant Mother's Guide to Vaginal Birth After Cesarean. The illustrator had been the doula at a number of my births and she drew my image from memory. I would say the face is mine - but the thin thighs and perky breasts belonged to someone else.
6. Sam and Gabe had another gig tonight, there second one of the summer. They were much, much better and are becoming more at ease in front of an audience.
7. SLO went to Vegas to see Tom Jones perform. She has this little droid thing that told her the climate was "paradise" while the temperature showed 110 degrees F! Which of course is not our idea of paradise! Can't wait to hear about her trip!