1. Love this commercial - LOVE IT!
and actually Mr. Pete could bake a cake and make me a dream kitchen - if he weren't working 50+ hours a week!!
2. This week Sam and Gabe are at the Youth Conference at Steubie!!
3. Mr. Pete has gone with each of the boys so far when it was their first time to go to the Youth Conference. he told me that when Izzy and Rosie go, then I can go with them. I will be 54 and 61 years old respectively! Now as I understand it, chaperoning the teens when they go with a group to Steubie requires the usual vigilance and authority, but it also means being out in the heat all day and sleeping on the floor! Somehow I think Mr. Pete got the better deal! although that means he will have gone at least four times and I can get away with only two, but still.
4. About six years ago or so, our vibrant, exciting, active and inspiring homeschooling support group fell apart. It just about totally ended for a number of reasons. But now that Rosie is starting kindergarten and I feel I have a little more energy to give to it I am inspired to get the group back together and try get it back to where it was. Interestingly, this little clip from the Blues Brothers keeps running through my mind!
5. On Monday Calvin will be 21 years old! I absolutely can't believe it. Those years flew by. And now he is talking about moving to North Carolina. Apparently North Carolina has a big need for fire fighters and the one town he is looking at will train him, give him a stipend and then pay him $50,000 +. It almost sounds too good to be true and is definitely better than what we have going on here in Ohio right now.
6. On the other end of the spectrum I have Rosie who is totally devoted to me. Boy do I cherish that right now, especially with the possibility of my oldest moving so far away.
7. Our family reunion was last week. Here are some more of my favorite pictures from that event!
Sam and Mr. Pete.
The family that tosses water balloons together...
Something tells me these guys aren't working as a team.