1. Feast of St. Joseph today and it is beautiful! Might even try to include the noon mass with the kids since it will be so nice to walk around outside.!
2. I hate it when I can't go to sleep at night. Lately I have been sleeping really, really well, but last night I just could not get to sleep. So I got up and took some Nyquil which can usually make me drowsy. I got out of bed and decided I'd watch Michael Jackson: This Is It. The irony of having insomnia while watching the last movie by a man whose accidental death was caused by insomnia was not lost on me. Turns out that watching a movie with lots of dancing is not conducive to feeling sleepy and it took me an hour to start feeling the effects of the Nyquil.
3. A month ago my oldest boy Calvin moved out on his own. I really, really didn't want him to go but in retrospect - it really hasn't been that bad without him! The home is quieter and calmer and a little neater! I now know who it was using pots and pans late at night and leaving them out for me to clean. Which isn't to say that I don't miss him because I do, but in a different way than I thought I would. I guess it was time for him to go.
4. At the same time, I remember when he was a very little boy and he always wanted to be near me, and I'm sorry to say there were times I had to tell him to go play, or watch t.v. or do something else because I was busy. That memory comes back to me with lightening speed when Rosie wants to be on my lap or work with me or whatever. She won't always be little. She won't always want to be near me, so I am trying to savor every minute of it and take her with me as much and as often as I can.
5. I think I finally have Sam convinced that it really is important that he try to do as well as he can on his ACT test next month and that we also CLEP out of a few classes. At 17, I guess it seems to him as if the high school years are dragging on and it will be forever before he needs to start thinking about this stuff, but the reality is next year at this time we will be in the home stretch as far as high school goes and we will be trying to piece together where he will go to college and how we are going to pay for it all.
6. Gabe has a similar journey ahead of him. Next year he starts high school but I am seriously thinking about having him wait another year. Surprisingly when I mentioned that I was thinking of holding him back a year his math scores took an unexpected turn upwards. Hmmm???
7. Monday will be 9 months exactly since mom died. I have to have her probate stuff done by then - or else? I guess "or else" means penalties and interest. It has been very educational and I have a much clearer idea of how I want to organize my own things so that if anything happens to me, my loved ones will have a clear picture of what needs to be done. Death is really a lot of work on the survivors!
Please browse my eBay items!
Visit my new Amazon Store!