Root of Jesse, which standest for an ensign of the people, at Whom the kings shall shut their mouths, Whom the Gentiles shall seek, come to deliver us, do not tarry.
O Radix Jesse, qui stas in signum populorum, super quem continebunt reges os suum, quem Gentes deprecabuntur: veni ad liberandum nos, jam noli tardare.
The flower which springs up from the root of Jesse is another figure of Christ. Isaiah prophesied that the Savior would be born from the root of Jesse, that He would sit upon the throne of David, and in Christ this prophecy is fulfilled.
- Recommended Readings: Isaias 11:1-12
- A good stew with plenty of "roots" like potatoes, turnips, and/or carrots would be a good hearty meal for this evening. Here's a good recipe for a root roast.
- Paleo pot roast!
- For a sweeter side try sweet potato pie.
- In a time crunch- rootbeer float!
- Start a Sweet Potato plant!