Join the other Quicktakers at This Ain't the Lyceum.
Every so often I like to look at the stats on my Flickr account to see what people are looking at. Out of the thousands of pictures I have stored there, this is my most viewed photograph!
I don't get a lot of comments on Flickr from non family members, but one gentleman got a kick out of this picture - Noah walking the dog and watering the lawn at the same time!.
3. So I thought I'd check in with Pinterest too. This is my most popular pin!
4. Earlier this summer, Izzy applied to work at the Summer Arts Experience. She did it a few years ago, and worked on the ceramic poles that now grace the Lock 3 park in downtown Akron. Because she worked so hard then, and had such a good attendance record, I thought she would get accepted right away this year, but she didn't. She was an alternate.
But last week she got the call to come in after some other young artists dropped out, and this week she was working once more in the Summer Arts Experience- this time making sculpture. This will be good work experience for her and give her some money at the end of the summer.
4. My granddaughter-
5. Rosie is almost done with her latest historical fiction novel. This one was about Princess Victoria and all of her conflicts with "Mama." I can hear Rosie get frustrated and angry with some of the action in her book and she usually wants to talk about it on the way to running practice every day. In a lot of ways, she reminds me of my own mother, who was a voracious reader and got just as "into" the story as her namesake does!
6. Noah accidentally smashes his Tracfone to bits! It was absolutely unusable. But I did some searching around and discovered that he could transfer all of his Tracfone minutes to my old Android smart phone! So we ordered the SIM card from Tracfone and it came today. It took them a couple of hours to transfer his phone number and all of his minutes, but now it's working great and he has a much better phone than the one he had before.
I think when it's time to get Izzy a phone I'll just go ahead and buy the smart phone but get the Tracfone SIM card. In my experience, Tracfone is a good starter plan for teens. It teaches them responsibility and it keeps costs down.
7. Amazon Prime had the first season of That Girl streaming for Prime Members and Izzy and Rosie and I got hooked!. This is now the summer of That Girl and we are on Season 4! Set in New York from 1966-1970, it's a lot of fun for me to re-watch this show and remember how I felt about it when I was Rosie's age. But it's the leading man in the series that seems to be making the most impression on my daughters - but that is the subject of another blog post coming up next week.!