Outside my window...
or in this case - inside my window!
I am thinking...
about the concert I played yesterday. Mr. Pete and I had a concert at the big theater downtown, while our kids had a concert at church at approximately the same time. Neither concert had very many people in the audience. Our concert had a lot of children in it, but as soon as the kids were done performing, they left with their parents. Except for very, very young children, I think that is really rude - but it seems to be very common in this area.
A few years ago the kids were in a piano recital with another studio and while we sat through all of the other children's pieces, but each performer left as soon as they were done playing! The kids at the end of the recital basically just played for their teacher and a handful of other folks. Parents really need to teach their kids the art of going to a performance and sitting through the entire thing.
The concert at the church was also sparsely attended. I think with the nicer weather, and sports activities, as well as lawns that need attention after the winter, it's probably just a bad time to have a musical concert. January or February works much better. Maybe even March.
I am thankful...
for all of my in-laws, whom I will be seeing this weekend as we gather to bury our oldest sister.
In the kitchen...
pork chops and salsa with salad!
I am wearing...
or rather I wore and I will wear, a new black dress that I got online from J. C. Penney - it runs a bit small but it is very feminine and comfortable. I wore it to the concert yesterday for a performance and I will be wearing it for the funeral this week.
I am reading...
Nothing this week - trying to learn the Mass of Creation again - relieved that we don't do the Gloria for a funeral!
I am pondering...
The late Mother Angelica said: We hide the truth from people to be "pastoral," I don't think leading someone to hell is pastoral."
To put it in terms that our non-Christian friends will understand - this whole transgendered bathroom business is really the same thing as the emperor with no clothes! No one wants to say the truth that there is something wrong and unhealthy about supporting someone's delusion that they think they are what they are not. Instead of feeding into this fantasy and encouraging expensive and dangerous procedures, why aren't we supporting their mental health care? Why isn't this a mental health issue?
I am going...
- to walk or work out every day with Pfilates .
- to cut my carbs via the Wheat Belly Total Health: The Ultimate Grain-Free Health and Weight-Loss Life Plan recommendations.
- More flute practice this week - the concert is over but I have to re-learn the Mass of Creation for the funeral.
In the homestretch now! World History will be over first week of May - (Although the AP test is May 12!)
is to go to "Senior Night" when one of my athletes. is graduating. I was so looking forward to going to Senior Night for Noah and track, but as it turns out I can't because of the funeral. My sister has kindly agreed to step in for me - but it will be a moment that I will regret missing for some time to come.
- AP World History
- Government. I have to say, I am not happy with this government program. I chose it because I thought it would be great for the kids to watch the DVDs together. However, the extra reading is ponderous and frankly - dull. I need my kids to understand government and I don't care if they don't read all of the original documents (The Magna Carta? Federalist papers?) in high school. That said, Noah is plowing ahead and I will call this honors Government. Izzy and I are doing something else.
- Choir and bell choir
Izzy-JuniorOne of my favorite things...
- Algebra II
- American History 2
- American Literature Animal Farm - which is a nice tie in with government!
- American Government in Christian Perspective (A Beka) - OK I got this book at a bargain bin many years ago I used it with my second son Sam. It's fine (although also a little heavy on the history at the beginning). However, it is by the very anti-Catholic publisher A Beka, so reading the text as it tries to squirm it's way around to avoid Catholicism is hilarious! I'll be on the look for something else for Rosie.
- Sign Language
- Art Class
- Doing a Bravewriter writing class the next few weeks - what a giant step for Izzy!
- Saxon 65
A quote to share...
A picture to share...
We hide the truth from people to be "pastoral," I don't think leading someone to hell is pastoral."-- Mother Angelica~
A picture to share...
I am going to be super busy this week - blogging will be sporadic at best!