Outside my window...
I am thinking...
how glad I am that I DID NOT take the recommendations of the orthopedic office the local Children's Hospital referred me to. If I had, Noah would still be waiting until the end of this week to get seen by an orthopedic surgeon.
Instead, he has been seen, had surgery, and will have follow up all this week. He can move his arm more and even play his piano.
It really is true that we have to be responsible for our own health care, and I'm glad I was aggressive in helping my son with this fractured clavicle.
I am thankful...
for the great care from the Crystal Clinic. I have now had two experiences with them and I would highly recommend them!
In the kitchen...
Not sure but thinking Chicken Italiano for dinner tomorrow!
I am wearing...
Black yoga pants and gray striped T-shirt
I am reading...
I am going...
- to walk or work out every day but Thursday with Pfilates.
- move my spring cleaning to the laundry room
Noah working on:
I am hoping to ...
- Algebra II with the math tutor - this is the last week!
- British Lit and British History -with the Great Courses currently reading
- Mere Christianity- by C.S. Lewis
- Biology at home and with co-op - This is the last week for this too!
- Latin 2 - DONE! Just waiting for the grades
- Private piano lessons - didn't have it last week because of his surgery, but he was able to practice a little over the weekend, so maybe????
- Did pretty good on the ACT - need to work on the English and Math portion to raise those scores a bit but hit Science and Reading Comp out of the water!!
Izzy working on:
· Geometry - last week!
· American History - Reading autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
· American Literature-
- Moby Dick
· Biology with the co-op and at home -Last week!
· Art class.
Izzy and Noah working on A Noble Experiment for civics
Rosie working on:
Rosie working on:
Reading - Matilda Bones!
· Map skills
· History and
· Astronomy with the co-op - DONE but learning the constellations now.
· Also bible and vocal music with the co-op.
· Private piano and art
One of my favorite things...
- Get lots of flute practice done.
- Organizing my office and the classroom.
- Get a budget and time table together on our new real estate venture. We should close this week - for real this time according to the realtor.
I am looking forward to...
Closing on our new property and Noah getting more freedom after seeing the surgeon on Friday.
A quote to share...
A picture to share...
" You can't vaccinate believing that your children are protected and then feel that your children are not protected because somehow, some non-vaccinated child is carrying some secret organism that no one else is carrying. It just doesn't make any sense." --Dr. Larry Palevsky, board-certified pediatrician