Join the other Quicktakers at This Ain't the Lyceum.
1. Tomorrow is the bridal shower for my future daughter-in-law, Sarah! Her three best friends are throwing it for her and the invitation was super cute. Today I have to get a mason jar and write down a recipe to bring to the shower but they also want a picture of me with the bride - the problem is I don't have any! I have plenty of her with the kids but none with just the two of us. I'm puzzling over what to do about that!
2. Wedding season is upon us at church too. I try to calm myself down thinking about it because mostly, it's fun and the people are nice. But sometimes, it's not. This first wedding of the year is already shaping up to be stressful. The wedding is Friday, the rehearsal is Thursday. On Thursday there will be a Latin mass at 5:00 for the Feast of the Ascension. Those usually go over one hour and then the people stay for extra prayer. At 7 there is a choir rehearsal and once that organ starts, I won't be able to talk over it. So sometime between the end of the mass and the beginning of choir, I have to squeak in a wedding rehearsal - and I can already feel my anxiety level starting to rise.
3. I was cleaning files off my computer and I found some "Guidelines" that I was going to start giving my wedding couples to prepare for their wedding day. Needless to say, I never gave them these exact guidelines, but they sure were fun to write!
It is not okay to have only a millimeter of stretchy sequined fabric between you and the world! This is a religious ceremony – dress appropriately. And wear underwear including feminine protection if necessary. It's not fair to make me clean up a mess!
Likewise, we do not want to all gasp and avert our eyes worrying about your bosoms popping out of your dress. Get a size that fits and wear a jacket. That goes for the rehearsal too!
Wear shoes that feel good. It’s a marble floor, and a long way up and down that aisle plus a lot of standing. Watching women teetering up and down with a grimace of pain isn't fun for anyone either.
3. The nature museum where we went to co-op for homeschooling this year requested that everyone put in service hours OR pay $13 a week/family in rent. In lieu of either of those things, Izzy painted some beautiful waste baskets for them. This was her most recent.
4. Rosie has been asked to run in the 5th and 6th grade championship for track. She is so excited! Hoping to break into the 6 minute range for her one mile. She has to drop 13 seconds, but that's her goal!
5. Seeing the orthopedic surgeon in a few minutes to see if Noah can start running and driving again. His wound looks great! and he is moving his arm more. This is what he looks like on the inside - a plate and six screws.
6. Got a picture of Izzy running too at soccer -seeing as Izzy really HATES to run, it was fun to get this action shot!
7. Last I heard from my first born, he is thriving in his new environment. Out of his class of new paramedics, he was elected president. He always has had the ability to make friends quickly. He also told me it appears that he has the most experience of all the newbies - considering he became an EMT right out of high school, that doesn't surprise me. They are supposed to start driving the big rigs down there this week or next - looking forward to hearing about that!