Join Jen and the other Quicktakers over at the Conversion Diary.
1. One of the things I love about being part of a homeschool co-op, is the opportunity to do things like this every week!
2. Noah was mentioned in the paper yesterday as part of the Varsity cross country team. He is holding on to his spot with the tips of his fingernails - as all of the kids in front of him and behind him continue to get faster!! Tomorrow is their city championships and if he can hold on to his spot, he might get to the next level, and maybe, just maybe, he might letter as well.
3. He has had such a wonderful time with this group. Tonight there is a pasta dinner and tomorrow a big bon fire. They are a group of friends - a real team.
On Monday, Rosie and I were walking the trail while the boys were running. Noah and the team ran by us and Rosie let out an enthusiastic, "Go Noah!"
And then the friendly cajoling commenced.
"Go Noah? What about go David?"
"Get your own little sister David."
I'm really going to miss our practices in the woods.
4. Rosie is finishing her cross country season as well - and for the first time, I sort of looking forward to the end - it's been a very long season and although I will really miss it, part of me is ready for it to be over.
... at least that's what I tell myself.
5. Izzy has a beautiful painting that I can't wait to share with you next week! She just needs a few more finishing touches.
6. But the big news of the week is Calvin is finally
7. So here's the scoop.
In the summer of 2013, Calvin picked out this gorgeous ring and was going to propose to his girl, Sarah. She had some rules however:
- No proposals on holidays and
- It had to be something special.
And Calvin hoped to make it very special. They went on a vacation to Key West, Florida- the southern most point in the United States, and he reserved a private place in a restaurant overlooking the ocean during sunset so that he could propose there. Then he lost his job and couldn't finish paying for all of that. So that potential proposal didn't work out. I hinted at this here and here.
Fast forward to last weekend - they went to visit an apple orchard that Sarah has gone to every year since she was a very little girl. That annual trip to the orchard had a lot of sentimental meaning for her. And while they were looking at apples, Calvin picked one up and asked her what she thought of it - and of course inside was this lovely ring.
That's all it took - he asked, and she accepted. We're all thrilled