Outside my window...
Cross country season.
I am thinking...
about starting the new school year, about the challenges that we all face, and what it will be like to do homeschool again with a baby/toddler in the house! I know I've done it before, but it's been a while.
I am thankful...
for the gift of homeschooling and the time it has given me with each of my children.
In the kitchen...
Amazon told me my new cookbook should be here after September 2nd! Can't wait!! Easy gluten free meals - should be a fun fall!
I am wearing...
workout pants and a T-shirt. I got to walk three miles today while Rosie and Noah actually ran at the same time at the same park, with their respective teams!.
I am pondering...
whether or not to even try to get Noah signed up for the PSAT test. Long time readers might remember that I had a difficult time getting my son Sam signed up for that. I heard Professor James Stobaugh say that he doesn't even think the PSAT is necessary to take the SAT and that there are no studies that show that how you do on the PSAT will indicate scores for the SAT. The only reason for taking it could be to practice taking tests, or to possibly get the National Merit Scholarship - but a very small amount of students are able to get that. The thing is, I think Noah might do well on it - so do I want to fight it out?
I am going...
- to walk Monday - Thursday and try get some arm workouts in too. This will be more difficult now that school is in and Rosie and Noah run at different times, in different places.
- Let Noah have some big driving time!
- Take Rosie and Noah to their cross country practices.
- Pray for my math tutor and his family who will welcomed twins this fall. Their babies have been put in a step-up unit so they are improving!
- Really double down on my prayer time this summer - making morning prayer with divine office. com a habit!
- Make it to confession this week hopefully! Looks like it might be Tuesday night.
- Noah working on Instacert to get ready for the American History II CLEP test.
- We start with our new math tutor this week! I'm a little nervous but she sounds super nice on the phone. I know the kids will do well with their respective courses.
- She is reading Lord of the Flies.
- Izzy and Noah started the Dave Ramsey course to meet their finance requirement for high school. They actually liked it too!
A beginning of school picnic on Friday and the back to school homeschool mass on Monday!
I am hoping to ...
- Get some flute practice done.
- Get into the groove of regular school days again.
- That Noah will be ready for the CLEP in American History 2 within the next few weeks.
- Getting the classroom cleaned up and then work on the entire second floor - starting with my office!
A pictures to share...
The end of summer.