Small request - if you read this blog regularly, please follow me on the Google Friend Connect in the right side bar! Thanks so much!
I am thinking...
about whether or not I am ready to jump right back into a regular routine again. After Christmas, and then the Gaylord wedding, we all got the flu- and it doesn't really seem as if I got a "restful" vacation. I was busy, or occupied, but I am not"rested."
I'm also thinking about something my sister said this weekend - that we are entering the "Susan Lucci" years - still important to the story, but not right up in front in the lead story.
I don't know. I still feel as if I have a pretty important part in my own story.
On the other hand, I get what sis is saying, and for that reason, I resigned from giving my annual Pre-Cana speech. More on that later.
I am thankful...
that the flu wasn't that bad and that everyone is feeling very well. Noah even started running again.
In the kitchen...
I'm making shepherd's pie out of here tonight - using cauliflower instead of potatoes! I'm hoping that we all like it!
I am wearing...
New grey yoga pants and a pink sweat shirt. I am now wearing medium pants and feeling pretty good about that. I am also wearing my wedding and engagement rings after years of being to fat to wear them! Mr. Pete is pretty happy about that!
I am creating...
a clean laundry room for the new year and organizing the classroom - again! Hoping to actually get to it now that I am over the flu.
I am going...
- to get my medical transcription done
- be diligent in my prayer time.
- practice my flute.
- Write some blog posts
- work out every day. Did Calorie Killer this morning.
I am reading...
I also got a great big box of books from Ruth over at the This, That, and the Other Thing Blog. I'm going through them deciding what to read, what to see if my sister wants to read, and pitching the rest.
I am hoping...
- That I can be on good terms with all of my sons, but to also learn to disconnect my heart from them and from their decision.
- That the young women my sons give their hearts to won't break them. I'm hoping they don't break mine as well.
- To get my head around some quick recipes on this new diet venture.
- that I can endure all of the things I am called to endure - through Christ who strengthens me.
I am looking forward to...
- Getting some more eBay sales in the new year.
- The new school year.
From the Learning Rooms
- American Literature short stories for Noah via Bob Jones Press
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all three kids.
- Instacert for History and start American History part 2 for Noah. American History course from For Such a Time as This.
- Noah Excellence in Writing Course.
- Runkle Geography for Izzy. Learning the countries in Europe.
- Apologia Science - Physical for Noah and Izzy. Creation science Botany for Rosie
- Noah doing Geometry with Mr. D. Izzy and Rosie doing Saxon math with me. Rosie just moved up to her 3rd grade math book and Izzy is finally starting Algebra I. .
- Billy Budd for literature with Izzy and Noah
- Latin for Homeschoolers for Noah
- English from the Roots Up for Izzy.
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy. She is about to start the very last Merrill Reader. I am so happy with the improvement that she has made since we started this program.
- Little House on the Prairie and Prairie Primer for Izzy.
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts. Rosie too has graduated to Busy Times!
I am pondering...
the wisdom of my mother, who in retrospect must have bitten her tongue on a regular basis - or not. She and I were usually on the same page when it came to faith, morals and family life. How did she handle our stupid pronouncements and naivety with such grace and humor? My older kids say and do things around me that make me just want to scream on the inside, and yet I stand there and take it with a dumb deer-in-the-headlights look. Because I have to? or do I?
very quickly about what to do with my current computer. I love my computer. It runs well and I have taken good care of it. It also has Windows XP as its operating system which will not be supported any more after April. I just hate that I am going to have to change my whole computing life over something I have no control over!
A photo I am sharing...
Mama with my youngest - not all that long ago.