Small request - if you read this blog regularly, please follow me on the Google Friend Connect in the right side bar! Thanks so much!
Outside my window...
The Cuyahoga River - Oxbow Trail.
I am thinking...
about getting ready for the holiday season. I already have some of my Christmas shopping done and am hoping to have most of it wound up before Thanksgiving!
I am thankful...
for the safe delivery of my granddaughter and that her mama continues to feel better every day.
In the kitchen...
I am sort of struggling here I have decided that rather than go on expensive medications, I am going to go gluten free and maybe even towards the Paleo diet. It's going to be a bit of learning curve to learn how to eat this way. However, I bought this book to get me started and give me some ideas!
I am wearing...
Black workout pants and my new safety green hoodie I bought for soccer - I even slept in that hoodie last night- very comfortable.
I am creating...
some very meaningful prayer time with my kids in the morning. We are doing either the rosary or praying for the dead with this book
I also bought some Gregorian Masses for my Uncle - he's been on my mind so much these past couple of weeks. May he rest in peace
I am going...
to start working out in my basement again as the weather gets colder, although I just bought some hiking boots of e-Bay so that I can walk outside even if the paths are muddier.
I am reading...
I am hoping...
- That I can be on good terms with all of my sons.
- That the young women my sons give their hearts to won't break them.
- To get a meeting scheduled for my homeschool group.
- To get my head around some quick recipes on this new diet venture.
- Hit some fitness goals this week.
- that I can endure all of the things I am called to endure - through Christ who strengthens me.
I am looking forward to...
- Getting some more eBay sales before Christmas.
- Nailing down the rest of my Christmas shopping.
From the Learning Rooms
- American Literature short stories for Noah via Bob Jones Press
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all three kids.
- Instacert for History and start American History part 2 for Noah. Also starting the American History course from For Such a Time as This.
- Noah finishing up Easy Grammar so we can start the Literature portion of For Such a Time as This.
- Runkle Geography for Izzy
- Apologia Science - Physical for Noah and Izzy. Creation science Botany for Rosie
- Noah doing Geometry with Mr. D. Izzy and Rosie doing Saxon math with me. Rosie just moved up to her 3rd grade math book. Izzy almost done with 8/7.
- Billy Budd for literature with Izzy and Noah
- Latin for Homeschoolers for Noah
- English from the Roots Up for Izzy.
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy. Ms. Craft is coming to Ohio next month and I definitely want to ask her what the next step should be for Izzy's improvement.
- Little House on the Prairie and Prairie Primer for Izzy.
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
I am learning...
All about this weird world of ulcerative colitis and about how diet can influence this condition. Fascinating stuff really. I've been mostly gluten free for over a week now and I feel better, not in a flare up, and my eczema is also calming down!
I am pondering...
How things are going for the baby and the new little family.
So far they have asked girlfriends their own age and an aunt to come over and help during the day but they have not asked me. And I'm wondering why? I wonder why a lot. Like what was the good of having all of these different birth experiences and lots of experience caring for babies and doing pospartum care when I have four sons who will have wives that will never ask me for that type of help.
I think it goes back to that Titus 2 thing- that scripture isn't written for the benefit of the younger women - it's really more penance for older women - and in this case it's having knowledge and experience that I would love to share and knowing I will never have the chance to do so. Izzy points out that I can help her when she has babies - and I remind her I'll be older than dirt by then and probably won't be able to.
A photo I am sharing...