Small request - if you read this blog regularly, please follow me on the Google Friend Connect in the right side bar! Thanks so much!
Outside my window...
I am thinking...
about how blessed we have been this fall to have such lovely weather!
I am thankful...
for my life.
In the kitchen...
Pot Roast for dinner tomorrow with veggies.
I am wearing...
My favorite raspberry colored sweat suit that I love, but only wear around the house.
I am creating...
a halloween costume for Rosie, although Calvin's girlfriend Sarah is helping her shop for that. I also have a saint costume for her so she will have Trick Or Treating and All Saints Day both covered!
I am going...
to try to walk when my girls, (Rosie, Izzy, Sarah) and Noah are running in training for the Thanksgiving Run. Other than that I will be digging out the workout videos and starting up in the basement again during the cold weather. Which is probably a good thing because I need to do more arm and core work.
I am reading...
I am hoping...
- That I can be on good terms with all of my sons.
- That the young women my sons give their hearts to won't break them.
- That I have the strength to manage a homeschool group and a soccer league.
- that all my children make good choices going forward.
- To finally get this UC flare finished and in the past.
- that I can get through the next few weeks of soccer.
- coming up with something to do for All Saints Day
- that I can endure all of the things I am called to endure - through Christ who strengthens me.
I am looking forward to...
- A week without any mandatory sports practices.
- Practicing my flute again.
- A new family member.
- All Saints Day!
From the Learning Rooms
- American Literature short stories for Noah via Bob Jones Press
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all three kids.
- Instacert for History and start American History part 2 for Noah. Also starting the American History course from For Such a Time as This.
- Noah finishing up Easy Grammar so we can start the Literature portion of For Such a Time as This.
- Runkle Geography for Izzy
- Apologia Science - Physical for Noah and Izzy. Creation science Botany for Rosie
- Noah got an A for his Algebra I! Now on to Geometry with the math tutor, Mr. D!
- Finishing The Pearl by Steinbeck with Izzy and Noah
- Latin for Homeschoolers for Noah
- English from the Roots Up for Izzy.
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy. Ms. Craft is coming to Ohio next month and I definitely want to ask her what the next step should be for Izzy's improvement.
- The Long Winter and Prairie Primer for Izzy.
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
I am learning...
All about this weird world of ulcerative colitis. It seems to me that my symptoms are very, very mild compared to some of the stuff I have been reading online. Which further makes me question why I need to take such heavy hitting medications.
I've added some interesting links on the topic in my Delicious files.
I am pondering...
something that happened on facebook this week. A kid that I was FB friends with, called his mother a bitch because she took away his video games. Seriously. And both my son and my godson rode to his mother's defense. I was very, very proud of both of them for taking the time and trouble to take him to task for this, in a friendly but firm manner.
Of course he de-friended both of them, but at least he had to read their thoughts first!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
A young friend of mine that I have been trying to share helpful hints about labor and childbirth, is due this week. I'm soooo excited for her and can't wait to meet this wee little one.
A photo I am sharing...