1. Calvin passed his national paramedic exam - first time - no sweat.
2. He already has quite a few job applications out too so hopefully in the next month or so he will be working in his chosen field. In the meantime he is keeping up his volunteer paramedic gig. With the contentment of passing this exam still freshly in his memory, he answered a call on Friday that involved some pretty bad head injuries - a sobering reminder of what it really means to be a first responder in emergency medicine.
3. Yard sale finds! I felt pretty lucky to find this one!!
Not quite sure how to best use it yet but it seems it could be helpful in an organizational capacity.
4. Yard Sale Find for Izzy! only $4
5. My attempt at being Pinteresty! Mr. Pete had this old dresser in the garage for at least 10 years. He picked it up off of the curb but we never did anything with it. Izzy stripped the old white paint off and we are thinking of leaving it like this. It clears this corner by the back door that keeps accumulating unsightly messes. We are also keeping paper plates and picnic supplies in the top drawer.
6. Gabe and I have decided we are going to try to fast tack his senior year - hoping for a graduation in December or January. So with that in mind I am thrilled to have found these history and literature texts.
7. Rosie starts running with the cross country team tonight. I am extremely hopeful that she will excel at this. For years Mr. Pete and I have dutifully had our kids run with the team for fitness and the experience of being part of a team. They've had fun and made friends. Noah even ran rather competitively and continues to run even now in high school. But for the most part, Sam, Gabe and Izzy held down the end of the line and we were usually that last parents to leave the meets waiting for our kids to simply finish. But I have a strong feeling that with Miss Rosie- we might actually have to pay attention to where the course goes before the meet!