Outside my window...
I am thinking...
I do not want to speak at the Pre-Cana Day again. I especially do not ever want to speak there again without Mr. Pete.
We got out evaluations today and it was a little maddening.
First of all, out of 44 people, only 1 evaluation thanked all of us (the entire Pre-Cana Team) for giving up a Saturday to be there with them.
The general comments were that the speakers were unprofessional and unprepared, except for the comments that said some of the talks were too rehearsed! I think that since most of us are just regular people and not professional public speakers, we do pretty good.
Many asked for Power Point and for more games - basically, they want to be entertained, not educated, mentored or inspired.
It was also disturbing to read so many attacks on the NFP talk. One woman said she thought it was too much talk about "children" and that she felt uncomfortable because she didn't want any children. I wonder what priest she found to do her ceremony? There was also an atheist who enjoyed the day except for the "god parts" and another man who wrote that it wasn't a sin to have premarital sex and that he had been with his lady for over a decade.
This is all very discouraging and I think my true niche as a speaker might be with people who actually WANT the information, instead of people who are required to be there.
I am thankful ...
For a good start to the Lenten Season
From the learning rooms...
- Gabe and Noah are done withThe Call of the Wild
We will be starting To Kill a Mockingbird next week.
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all four kids, who are all on Part B.
- Instacert for History and start American History part 2
- American History at Homeschool Connections Recorded Courses.
- Apologia Science - Physical for Gabe and Noah. Gabe is almost done and will be starting Biology probably next week. General for Izzy.
- Saxon math for all with math tutor for Gabe and Noah.
- Rosetta Stone Latin 3 - for Noah and Gabe
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy.IncludingMerrill Reading Program - Lift Off Student Reader - Level F: Student Reader Level F
- On the Banks of Plum Creek Boy with Izzy.
- I have also added The Prairie Primer: Literature Based Unit Studies Utilizing the "Little House" Series for the comprehension questions and enrichment.
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
From the kitchen...
Tonight is simple supper night on Wednesdays during Lent. Tomorrow I am making chicken with rice to use up all my extra chicken!
I am wearing...
Black pants, purple sweat shirt and blue fur lined jacket - it's cold in here!
I am creating...
Medical reports - lots of em- Have to be done today so that I can go to the homeschool meeting tomorrow!
I am going...
to get at least three workouts in this week - Got two in already!
I am reading...
I am hearing...
the buzzing in my ears, he hum of the computer.
A Picture to share...