Outside my window...
A little red flower that decided to bloom in the Indian Summer we had last week. I wanted to get a picture of it before Frankenstorm hits Ohio!
I am thinking...
about the little baby I lost ten years ago this week. I'm also thinking a lot about my grandparents and my mom, and my in-laws and especially Uncle Larry and Aunt Margaret. With November right around the corner I guess it's very appropriate to think about her deceased loved ones and to pray for their souls and to ask them to pray for us.
But my mind wanders over to what my boy would be like if he were here. Would he favor his father's side with light hair, light eyes and freckles? or would he be darker like Gabe and Rosie with dark hair and brown eyes? Would he play with his little sister the most? or would he try to engage Noah in video games? Would he be a runner or a swimmer? would he excel at school or would he be another slow reader? What would his special talents be? and would he still like to cuddle with me watching t.v. or would he be starting to pull away at 10 to start being a little man? I wonder?
I am thankful ...
for the time we had.
From the learning rooms...
- Gabe and Noah are Reading the Autobiography of Frederick Douglas - perhaps watch the Crucible if I can find it.
- Spelling program per Dr. Holinga for all four kids. They have a pop quiz this week.
- Instacert for History and start American History part 2
- Apologia Science - Physical for Gabe and General for Noah and Izzy although Gabe and Noah are almost done with their books.
- Saxon math for all with math tutor for Gabe, Izzy and Rosie- Noah is doing Algebra I, Saxon.
- Rosetta Stone Latin 2 - only one unit left for Noah and Gabe
- Diane Craft reading program for Izzy.
- Complete The Philadelphia Catholic in King James' Court with Izzy for confirmation prep
- Pathway readers for Rosie and the Wand for Language arts.
From the kitchen...
Spaghetti and meatballs!
I am wearing...
Black pants a pretty black sweater with embroidered flowers that I picked up at the Village Discount Store for $4! It was $40 brand new so that's a great deal!
I am creating...
the final touches on my classroom today.
I am going...
- Starting to wean off of the walking regimen and start up with the exercise videos in the basement - sigh. I'm going to miss my walks!
- Have to start figuring in some flute practice time since my performances are starting very soon.
- To make an earlier than expected trip to the cemetery too - Raphael's tenth birthday - want to get some balloons or something down before the big storm comes through.
- Get some sort of costume ready for Rosie for her All Saints Day Party. Hope we're not trudging through snow!!!!
I am reading...
The autobiography of Frederick Douglas with Gabe and Noah this week and of course the continuation of the Philadelphia Catholic with Izzy and the Golly Sisters with Rosie!
I am hearing...
Rain, outside my window - the beginnings of the super storm.
Photo I am Sharing