- Carefully selected -off the wall questions!
- A partisan moderator who couldn't contain her partisanship!
- and a debate that almost got physical!
Despite all that - I think Romney did very well and might even be considered the winner. Here's why:
1. He's not easily intimidated. Even with Obama getting into his personal space and trying to shout him down, Romney held is ground. And frankly, that's what I want in the leader who is going to defend my country and my interests to the Tri-Coms or a S. American dictator, or even passionate members of congress!
2. He kept reiterating Obama's failed record of economic policies - over, and over, and over again. Just hearing the litany of truth like that is very, very powerful.
3. And he doubled down by reiterating his own successful background as a business man and as a governor.
4. He didn't let Obama or Crowley mischaracterize what his plans and positions actually are. He stood up for himself - firmly!
5. He was definitely the underdog last night and people liked that. Crowley wouldn't give him the last word and she deferred extra time to the president, and I don't think people like to see that kind of blatant preferential treatment. That can only work in Romney's favor.