1. Back in 2007 Izzy won a ribbon in the Cross Country Championships. They only gave out ribbons for the first 15 runners and she won - 15th place. Mr. Pete and I were thrilled to bits and looked forward to 6 more years of cross country success with CYO!
2. And while Izzy did indeed run with the team and go to all the practices - her heart just really wasn't in it.
and her 15th place ribbon in 3rd grade was the last such ribbon she ever won. More and more kids started running CYO cross country, and she started to slip into the middle of the pack.
Then last year they combined the southern part of the diocese with the north, and the meets started consisting of hundreds of kids, and I think Izzy just gave up.
3. So last week was her very last race ever with CYO and her CYO family.
and her coach just wanted her to go out there and do the very best job that she could.
4. And she did. She didn't win any ribbons or accolades, but she ran solid and got one of her better times.
5. And the next day at our Cross Country Banquet - her name was on the cake with the other runners from our parish - a nice reward for at least being part of this sport for the past six years.
6. The boys and I finished the Scarlet Letter last week and so I let them watch two of the films.
This one was pretty close to the book (aside from some added characters who were put in for some comic relief.)
As opposed to this one which was "freely" adapted from the book - it was a different story altogether!
7. One of my more liberal friends wrote something I had suspected all along about how a Catholic can vote for President Obama:
Whenever I have voted I have always believed in separation of church and state. In choosing to vote I leave my moral values outside of the voting booth.!
Not sure where Jesus ever taught that but whatever...