Join Jen and the other Quicktakers over at the Conversion Diary
1. Just got back from a l o n g weekend and it has taken me a couple of days to recover! Something about driving with 8 people in one van for 8 hours that is just a little bit exhausting.
Anyway, we started the trip with my goddaughter's wedding. She was beautiful and it was immaculately planned and executed. So nice to be a wedding guest instead of the wedding coordinator!
These are our good friends and parents of the bride with the bride's grandma. We met them just a short time after they were married and we have been friends for over 30 years.
2. The reception was at the Durant Hotel in Flint, Michigan. That hotel sat in the middle of downtown for decades. I remember growing up and wondering if anyone was ever going to fix it up or knock it down. I longed to walk through it and see what it was like on the inside and now I finally had the chance. At least the ballroom, was beautiful!
and the bride did such a nice job with the decorations!
They had wedding cupcakes instead of a big wedding cake - and they were very pretty as well as quite tasty! The groom, who is a musician, designed the cupcake stand.
3. But my favorite part of the reception was the homage to past generations of brides and grooms from both sides of the family.
4. It was a lovely wedding.
5. After that we headed on up to my family reunion.
6. And then fun on Lake Michigan surf
7. The latest mermaid