I am thinking...
about a eulogy my friend had for his mother last week. Apparently when Mrs. J was a very young girl, one of her little friends died. The mother of the deceased child wanted all of her little friends to come to the funeral and process in front of the casket wearing their first communion dresses and veils, as they had all just made their first communions together. Mrs. J. remembered being in her little dress and being a little sad and scared about the funeral and the loss of her friend. While she and the other girls were sitting in the funeral car waiting to go, the funeral director put a white napkin on all of their laps and then, reached into the glove box for little bars of chocolate. He gave one piece to each little girl. Mrs. J. never forgot that small kindness.
That funeral directors grandson handled Mrs. J's funeral and I learned that when he heard that story about his grandfather, he was very moved.
I am thankful for...
the season of Lent.
From the learning rooms...
Gabe and Noah
- Theology of the Body Course from Homeschool Connections .
- Rosetta Stone Latin 2
- Moby Dick - literature/English FINISH THIS UP!!! and also the written work with Lightening Literature.
- Gabe Unit 8 in Apologia Physical Science and Noah Chapter 4 General Science. (I should mention that Noah already did the last 8 chapters in General Science so he really is just going back to do the chapters he skipped the first time.
- Saxon Math - Algebra I for Gabe, Pre-Algebra for Noah who is on lesson 76
Gabe Izzy and Noah - Revolutionary War.
- Daily reading exercises and curriculum via Diane Craft. She is on her third pack of Snap Word Cards and is reading with much more ease. These cards include" Over 300 words, including all the Dolch high frequency words and the Fountas & Pinnell 100 most frequently recurring words.
and These images have proven to be the turning point for children who had not made progress through any other means. This certainly has turned out to be true for Izzy.
- Saxon 6/7 - three more lessons and then starting Saxon 7
- Anatomy and Physiology Creation Science Start unit on Circulation
- Pathway Reader and workbook
- MCP Phonics
- Saxon math 1
I am wearing...
black pants, and a pink T-shirt
I am creating...
a federal tax form!!
I am going...
to work out every morning and get a walk in during the afternoon for more cardio.
I am reading...
Via San Giuseppe that I bought from St. Joseph Altar.
I am hoping...
Noah and Gabe get Moby Dick THIS WEEK. They are indeed reading along with Libra Vox.
I am hearing...
the sounds of the t.v. two stories below me, and rain outside of my window.
Around the house...
we are just keeping on with the silence and simpleness of Lent.
Picture I am Sharing
This is a tuba fish! Mr. Pete makes them from tuba and other instrument parts!