1. Having a little argument of sorts with the, "I'm so excited that the Christmas music is playing!!!" crowd. For starters - it's not even Thanksgiving. Secondly, what the heck happened to Advent! One argument put forth was something about being excited about God any time despite the season. And while that's very true, we don't sing "Jesus Christ is Risen Today" for Christmas Eve. Nor do we sing Away in a Manger in the middle of summer. Advent should be a time of anticipation, waiting and preparation. It enhances Christmas.
2. To that end though, I'd like to point out that there are some great Advent Music - some songs downloadable for only 99 cents on Amazon.
And here's a favorite Advent Carol that Mr. Pete and I helped with last year!
3. Ah Google- you do boggle my little mind. I buy my domain name through you, I add Ad sense - and for my loyalty and efforts - you drop my page rank. One can only wonder about your new algorithm.
4. After begging me, I finally went out to Walmart and purchased Gabe a nice new pair of jeans size 34 34. And he hated them! I couldn't figure out why. They weren't droopers, (which unbelievably are STLL very popular here in the hood).
They just looked normal to me!
But he hated them, wouldn't wear them and since he has a gig tonight, I took him out to get another pair for him to perform in. I'm not sure how he's going to sit down, but these are what he wanted.
5. The pay off for getting these jeans for him, is that he will be running with his sister as she trains for next week's turkey run for the homeless. It's a four mile run so she will have to train A LOT. My kids run up a long sloping hill on a busy street for their training. It's perfect because after running up hill for most of their runs, the sudden rises and hills on the actual race course go pretty easily. The downside though is that this is a busy street and even though they are on the sidewalk, I was nervous about letting my pretty daughter run alone. She can't run with Noah because he is just running too fast now and she slows him down. But with Gabe - it's a match made in heaven! He hasn't exercised in a long time, and she's slow -they push each other.
6. Happy Birthday to my sister who doesn't otherwise want it mentioned, but my conscience says I should at least say SOMETHING! and so I have.
7. Tonight the guys are playing a gig in town. It will be very interesting to see how they will be received. I am so proud of these guys and how they have done their own promotion and management. It was certainly nothing I taught them! Well done!