Outside my window...
Beautiful, gorgeous weekend - almost summer like.
Today, back to the cool rainy fall. But it was great while it lasted!
I am thinking...
that Izzy and Noah will be very tired today after having run a 5K on Saturday, then played a soccer game, and then run in the cross country championships on Sunday. A very full weekend!
I am thankful ...
how thankful I am for the great coaches the kids had for cross country and how blessed my family has been for the past seven years with this team. I'm thankful that my kids have enjoyed it and grown in body, mind and spirit through this wholesome activity.
From the learning rooms...
Still waiting for Gabe to finish up so I can load Rosetta Stone Latin 2 on a new computer. But he is only two units away.
Noah and Gabe are also working on Early Church History course from Homeschool Connections. Noah told me that this course even helped him in his PSR class yesterday, so that's good!
I also have a Latin course there for Noah to explore until they are ready for Rosetta Stone Latin2.
Izzy and I are reading and doing copy work through the Little House in the Big Woods and this week we are going to make corncob dolls. She is doing well in her Saxon Math. I have her reading a new book about Louis Braille that is especially designed for older kids who have had reading issues. I think she'll do fine.We are also studying the Skeletal System.
Noah and Gabe are reading Huckleberry Finn and answering the questions for each chapter from Lightening Literature.
Hopefully Sam will take the Biology test in CLEP this week, but I'm kind of done nagging him about it. His education is on him. He will have to learn to manage. .
But we are taking today off as a well-deserved break after a busy weekend.
From the kitchen...
Spicy breaded chicken thighs.
I am wearing...
My nightgown and robe - I have been awake since 4 a.m.!
I am creating...
The cross country pizza party went great! $60 worth of pizza was just enough!.
I am going...
to try to work some extra prayer time into my days. Praying for:
- Calvin- who just doesn't get it.
- Sam - who sneaked out of the house last week and was out until 4 a.m. Told him he can do whatever he wants - but not in my house and not with the car in our name. Other than that, he has to be in by 9 p.m. for the time being.
- Gabe - who is doing awesome with his new drum teacher.
- Noah who is preparing for confirmation. Now that cross country is over we brave the big world of running without a team. .
- Izzy - who beat a long-time rival in the race yesterday. Izzy was having a good race, the other girl a bad race, and the planets aligned just right. I'm happy she can savor the small victories.
- Rosie- whose desire to read is moving faster than her ability - although she is doing well for her age.
- Mr. Pete - who is always working but the end is in sight for his second job - yeah!!
I am reading...
Huck Finn with my kids.
I am hoping...
to start practicing again to prepare for the Christmas concert season.
Also to keep exercising this week.
Saw something on Facebook last week that stuck with me too. It was about, when people in your life walk away, you shouldn't feel bad about it - it just means that their part in your story is done. That really resonated with me. And I think that is true even if one of those people is a close relative - even an adult child or a sibling.
I am looking forward to...
Christmas - already have my shopping started.
Around the house...
getting my clean classroom in order and organizing the very very last of Mom's books. Why is it that every project that includes things from my late mother takes me so long to accomplish?
Pictures I am sharing: