1. A discussion popped up here regarding Rick Santorum. His wife discovered a fetal anomaly on a prenatal ultrasound and they opted for intra-uterine surgery to fix the problem and hopefully give their son a chance at life. The surgery was successful, but Karen Santorum developed an infection and went into early labor. Because of her health issues they did not try to stop the labor. The left has been trying to spin this into "an abortion" thus turning Rick Santorum into a hypocrite. Karen Santorum wrote about this pregnancy in her book Letters to Gabriel. Allowing a pregnancy to end on its own is not the same thing as inducing labor deliberately.
2. Video of Santorum family - I didn't kow their youngest had Trisomy 18. Clearly that little girl is loved and wanted - a real tribute to her parent's pro-life beliefs.
3. My homeschool group has organized hikes every fall. I blogged about our adventures with homeschool hiking here and here. These have not been good experiences for us overall, because Rosie was so young. This year however, Rose was not only old enough to be able to walk the parts without my carrying her, but she absolutely loved them! and meeting other girls to talk to and run with. Unfortunately as the season goes on the hikes to be hiked become more strenuous and other hikers drop out. Last week only one other family showed up to hike with us. And then this past Friday it was only us. It's kind of ironic that my baby can FINALLY walk parks by herself all the way through, even the very hard trails, and no one is showing up to walk with us.
4. Busy weekend ahead. I had been worried about what we were going to do for All Saints Day and then all of the suddenly, we get an invitation to an All Saints Day Party. I just love events that I do no have to coordinate or plan! I was also worried about trick or treating because my neighborhood - The Hood, doesn't ever do trick or treating, probably for safety reasons But luckily we got invited to trick or treating at a friend's house - so it all worked out. It will also be Raphael's 9th birthday. I'll have to figure out how I am going to commemorate that too.
5. First of many concerts coming this Sunday, but I only pay on two of the pieces - so it won't be that bad.
6. Tomorrow Sam wants to start the Insanity workout. Someone at church has the DVDs and is offering it to anyone who wants to show up at 5:30 in the morning to work out. I thought about doing it with him, but I just don't think my left knee could take all of the high intensity jumping.
7. This is more my speed.