1. One of my friends at church had the great idea last year to start a cutting garden for the church. So she put in a great big flower garden of perennials and voila! they are providing us with lovely seasonal flowers for our side altars at church.
2. So last year I asked my friend if there was any way that Izzy could help with the garden. I thought this might be a good niche for Izzy to fill because she loves flowers and she is also very artistic. My friend called about a month ago and gave Izzy the job of making sure the vases in on the side altars have fresh flowers in them every week. Izzy LOVES this job. It makes her feel responsible and she has a lot of fun doing it too. We have talked about having our own cutting garden at home next year and I think we're going to go for it!
3. Calvin and Noah ran a 5K this morning for the Right to Life Group in our area. They were awesome.
4. Noah beat Calvin by two minutes or so. There was a hill and Noah got the lead. I have been having Noah run a course that is actually one big hill in preparation for this race - consequently it was a piece of cake for him!
5. My sister has a phobia about her mail box. I do too. When I was a kid I loved getting letters and cards in the mail. But now bills come in the mail, bad news comes in the mail, junk that I have to sort through and throw away comes in the mail. But I have been trying to face my mail phobia and pick it up every day and sort through it. A few weeks ago I got a certified letter that was a little scary, but that turned out to not be so bad, and lately I haven't notice my heart rate pick up when I see the mailman. But I am afaid I have had a big setback in my mailbox phobia - a certain letter from the IRS. More on that tomorrow!
6. Sometimes I miss Gabe's hair. One more video to show how long it was! He really whips it around starting at about 2:33!
7. If mom were alive, she would have gotten a big laugh out of this!