Remember that blogging is cheaper than therapy dear reader!
1. After graduation this week I felt a huge let down of relief -as if 1000 pounds had been taken off of my chest. As the mom that just wanted to pay the fee, and show up with her kid to participate in a graduation ceremony, I ended up coordinating and planning a huge chunk of it. It was beautiful, memorable and moving. I hope we made a memory that Sammy and the other graduates will never forget. But while I enjoyed it, I'm glad it is over!
2. Regular readers might also remember that I had coordinated an out-of-town speaker to come speak to my homeschool group 5 days before the graduation. That too was a little stressful (speaker coming from out of town, and hoping to get enough people in to hear him and worried that something would happen to the speaker OR that he might get there and end up just speaking to me and Mr. Pete!) but it turned out well. We had a good turn out (albeit from folks we had invited to come from other support groups)and the speaker did a very nice job. Mr. Pete and I treated him to a nice dinner after the talk.
3. So Tuesday, I turn on my e-mail, hoping to leisurely peruse through the correspondance when a new e-mail showed up asking about the homeschool support group picnic next month and letting me know that some people were thinking of not coming because they didn't like how it was being planned.
Which of course reminded me of an old saying by Rosanne Rosannadanna - It's always something.
4. Calvin's long-time girlfriend, Sarah is a Gleek! She loves the show Glee. So I decided to catch up on the episodes and see what was so special about this series. Season 1 is available streaming for Netflix subscribers. I think Season 2 is on DVD. But over the past couple of weeks I have been able to at least watch most of season 1.
5. And I have decided to channel my inner Sue Sylvester.
6. She would be an outstanding wedding coordinator at our church. Just thinking about that makes me giggle - which is probably at least a venial sin.
7. One of my favorite Glee mashups so far.