1. My hospital bill for getting a 6 cm lipoma taken off came to about $2500 dollars, give or take. If they had their prices listed somewhere I'm sure I would have decided just to LIVE WITH IT! But as they couldn't tell me ahead of time and now we have the amount there is nothing left to do but pay it. Since I am getting a tax refund I asked the billing office if I could get a discount by paying the entire amount. Surprisingly the answer was no!!? So we will be paying this sucker off one month at a time- and why not since there is no interest on a medical bill!
2. That doesn't include the surgeon and anesthesia - I'm just going to pay those because I'll never be able to keep that all straight!
3. So Noah just turned 13. His birthday is on March 25, which is on the feast of the annunciation. That's a pretty cool birthday to have! But when your birthday falls on a Lenten Friday, it doesn't seem too appropriate to have a big party. So we had his party almost a week early on a Saturday! He and two of his friends and his brothers went to Laser Quest and had a blast! Interestingly 21-year-old Calvin was the first one to arrive and seemed the most excited about the event! I guess Laser questing is fun at 13 or 21! I guess our group did get some looks as the kids were 21, 18, 15, three 13 year old boys and then pretty little Izzy who felt that even though she was a girl, she should be able to play too! After shooting at each other with laser guns for an hour, it was home for the partay!!
(and I'm not editing this - the place looked lived in !)
4. Izzy wanted to make Noah's birthday cake. Izzy is the kind of girl who watches all the cake shows on t.v. A few weeks ago I went into the computer room and she quickly tried to change the screen on the computer. Alarmed and suspicious I checked the history and found that my precious girl had been watching hours of Cake Boss!!So she kept bugging Noah about what kind of cake he wanted, and because he didn't know and because he was tired of her pestering him he yelled out, "I want an Octopus cake!!"
Izzy was delighted and got right to work on it!
5. I had never heard of fondant before. When I was growing up we just iced cakes! But these cake shows use fondant all of the time! I had no idea where to even look for it, but one day I was in the craft store and I found a lot of it! So I bought some for Izzy to use on the octopus cake - She was so delighted I thought it was her birthday!
6. Here is the finished product!
7. A few days later, Mr. Pete has had birthday. He didn't want a cake, he wanted a brownie with ice cream and we aim to please!