1. When ya'll are reading this, I will be having a big lipoma surgically removed from my arm. It has been there for at least six years, but it has slowly but surely been getting bigger and now it sort of bothers me - like when my big strapping 21-year-old, 6 foot 2, 250 pounds EMT son grabs my arm while he's playing around - ZOWIE!!! So it's coming off. I'm a little nervous about it, but I have had three cesareans, a tonsillectomy, root canal and a tooth extraction before, so really, how bad could it be?
2. In my usual fashion, I've been looking at a gazillion of these on Youtube.
Here are my two favorites! This one because they explain everything and leave a little scar. And this one because the guy actually films his own lipoma removal! So how bad can it be?
3. Plus I've had a 10 pound baby in my living room without anesthesia... so there ya go!
4. My oldest baby is MOVING BACK HOME NEXT WEEKEND!!! I am almost giddy and yet at the same time wondering where we are going to put all of his stuff? We sure managed to fill up the vacuum he left. But I'm glad he will be saving money instead of paying rent, and I am glad he has a home to come back to where he can crash after working his two jobs. He'll need it especially next fall when he goes to paramedic school. I'm also hoping we see more of his girlfriend Sarah!
5. Mr. Pete is going with me to the hospital tomorrow. I finally get to spend a whole day with my husband! They tell me that after this anesthesia I will be tired all day. I'm worried that my arm is going to hurt a lot too. But it will be nice to spend some time together.
6. Next week I give my third speach of the month! This time it will be to the RCIA folks about the sacrament of marriage. I'm looking forward to that a lot. My experiences with RCIA have been very good in the past. At least the folks WANT to be there, which is not always the case with the Pre-Cana couples.
7. Here's something ya don't see every day in suburbia! The city came down the street and ripped out an abandoned house. At least there will be a nice patch for kids to play on this summer!