1. This year we decided NOT to do the typical Jesse tree. Having the decorative branchy tree out was nice, but it took up a lot of space and I got poked in the face a couple of times last year as did some of the kids, so I'm going with something uh... safer!
2. We're doing these Advent cubes instead. They're small, and you can line them up or stack them up. Right now I am enjoying just putting them around our Advent wreath.
5. I am almost done with my Christmas concert marathon!! I have one big performance this weekend with my church. The whole family except for my oldest has a part in it. And it will be Rosie's first time, so we are super excited about it for her. Gabe will be performing as a percussionist the most! He has a part on the congas, one on the bongos and then one on this homemade drum that Mr. Pete made. Hopefully videos to follow!
6. I wanted Sam to learn that Advent Carol piece to play on the piano for the fourth Sunday of Advent but he sort of put it off and just didn't try very hard. So he's not ready to play it. He always has such a hard time learning something new on the piano and then performing it. He will have a chance to play the classical guitar on Christmas Eve though, so I am heartened by that.
7. Another Christmas selection from the concert I did a few weeks ago. Tonight this group will sing for some service people and I will play the flute part for The Father's Love.