1. What is the best thing to do after Thanksgiving Day - Start Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred of course!
2. That DVD has actually been sitting on my shelf for months because I was afraid to try it. But I did it for the first time yesterday and although it was really, really tough, I got through the first work out and in retrospect, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it was. Can I do it for 30 days though during the busy Christmas season? I dunno. Especially since my arms feel like spaghetti noodles 24 hours after the first workout! (and I have been using weights regularly for workouts since August, so that surprised me.)
3. The Run for the Homeless that Calvin, Noah and Izzy participated in was a lot of fun. They had around 3000 people running. The entry fees go to help the homeless all year round. I saw so many people that I knew in the race and a lot of those folks were older than Mr. Pete and I. I might be inspired to join them for next year? The run was through a historic cemetery which had a lot of rolling hills. It was a beautiful setting for the run and I'm so glad that venue is getting so much activity. The cemetery also hosted some free dance concerts during the summertime.
4. I think my biggest inspiration for a while will be the lovely Jennifer Grey- who won Dancing with the Stars this week at the age of 50, despite battling several injuries. She is also a cancer survivor.
6. I am preparing my home for ADVENT today. Not Christmas - ADVENT!! So many of my friends and family seem to skip right over the ADVENT part and go straight to Christmas complete with tree and trimmings. But I like to savor that time of waiting and preparation.
7. Tomorrow Mr. Pete and I participate in a Christmas Concert with a wonderful choir. I leave you with one of the new pieces that we have learned and enjoy very much!