1. I have a lot of college-age friends on Facebook. They write the funniest things. One wrote:
Larry had to use the girls bathroom to get a shower tonight.... guess who smells like mango/coconut infused with vitamin E extracts?
2. Last night after the cross country meet I asked Izzy, "Have you thought about what you want to do for high school."
She replied, "I don't think a lot about the future mom."
Noting my quizzical look she continued, "I figure God has a plan and I'm just going with that."
I was a bit taken back, but I gave her a hug and said, "That's good Izzy, be open to God's will."
"Yea," she said, "I just hope He doesn't give me a bad job - like lawyer."
3. Somehow I think whatever Izzy does will be a bit more colorful.
4. I love watching that girl run.
5. I was marveling yesterday about how often God uses flowers in reaching people. I was reading Stories of Padre Pio yesterday and came across the story of Katharina asking God for a sign of flowers, and then having an atheist lawyer, known for being very stingy with the beautiful flowers in his garden give her a beautiful bouquet!
6. Ann, the mother of my friend was feeling very sad one day about the death of her husband. She missed him so very much. When he was dying he promised that when he got to heaven he would send her a rose as a sign. But she had received no sign yet and she was sad and missing him so much. One morning she felt the need to go to morning mass and so she did. A friend of hers was praying in the pew and looked surprised but delighted to see her there. As soon as mass was over she ran over to Ann and said, "I have something for you in my car."
The two ladies went out to the car together, and there in a bucket in the back seat was a bouquet of roses. The friend said, "I was in my garden and something told me that I should cut these and give them to you. I was going to come see you right after mass!"
7. Several of us noticed last week how much my niece resembles my grandmother. Funny thing that gene pool!