It is the last week of July!! It seems we just get into the swing of summertime and it's time to start getting ready for fall. But our neighbors and friends aren't the only ones facing the "back to school" phenomenon. Homeschoolers must do it too.
So here are 25 things that I need to get accomplished before we start homeschooling.
1. Wrap up last year's portfolios and buy brand new ones for the 2010/2011 school year.
2. Get our portfolios evaluated next month.
3. Stock up on pencils, pens, paper etc.
4. Get my homeschool blog up to date.
5. Get my notification done to the school district.
6. Sign Sam up for ACT test.
7. Purchase Explore test for Gabe and Noah.
8. Get my own personal morning routine set in stone including exercise and prayer time.
9. Lose 8 pounds. Then can be more gradual working on the rest.
10. Make sure I have all the curriculum I need.
11. Make a book list for Rosie - kindergarten!!
12. Make a plan and book list for Gabe - first year of high school!
13. Get the kids into a writing habit while it's still summer time.
14. Get at least one big field trip done this summer. Maybe Gettysburg?
15. Set some goals for elementary science.
16. Set some goals for Gabe and Noah transitioning into high school science.
17. Work out a piano practice schedule for everyone.
18. Make sure the classroom is clean and organized.
19. Purge unused and unwanted items from class room.
20. Get the laundry room handled.
21. Get the rest of my mom's things put away, given away or pitched.
22. Organize my office and business papers.
23. Give the kitchen one big scrub down before the end of summer. Organize pantry, food stocks and menus.
24. Finish listening to the great talks I downloaded from Cindy Rushton's Online Homeschool Convention.
25. Get Sam's transcript reviewed one more time.