SLO and watching her get through rigorous cancer treatments with courage, strength and even style! It was a very rough year for her, but if you passed her on the street you would not know that anything had been amiss. She looks fab!!
So I guess this was the year I kept my head down and focused on the tasks in front of me. It probably wasn't my best blogging year, but that's okay too. No one got mad at me which was refreshing and I even made amends in a way with one blogger. And the anti-Catholic blog that I worked against with Visits to Candyland, closed. I'm taking a little credit for that although I had lots of help!
I did find a place to discuss and debate but I am reluctant to post it here because in the past when I have done that it has turned around to hurt me. But we'll see. Maybe later. It has been nice to get those debate juices flowing again with people who actually want to debate and discuss.
My oldest so moved out in February. I thought my heart would be ripped out but honestly - it was okay. It was better than okay! It was great! In a way it was like the end of a pregnancy - I was ready for him go move out. And he has impressed me by being able to take care of himself and his finances with very little help from us. If one of the goals of parenthood is to raise responsible offspring, we have succeeded with one. Ane with him being gone the time he spends here is better. He spends more time with his siblings and even brings his girlfriend here once in a while. It was a win-win for all of us.
I did more things I never thought I'd do before. I had a tree auction and I sold hunting permits. I watched two of my sons form their own band and perform in public - three times! Which was great for us because I was so ticked off at e-Bay I barely used them this year.
So let's see how I did on last year's resolutions!
1. To try to get more ORGANIZED prayer time into my day, especially with my husband.
Did pretty good on this one! Started really digging into the Divine Office and Mr. Pete and I did it together a lot during the summer months. I hope to continue and be even more consistent in 2011.
2. To get more scripture study in too. I am using this tool this year. It's my goal to have Sam do this with me before his 18th birthday.
Not so good on this one although did mange to read the mass readings most days.
3. To be more organized in my household, but particularly with my homeschool. To that end I am going to make myself write in my homeschool blog more to keep a more accurate picture of what we are accomplishing.
Did okay with that one. I was more organized but totally forgot I even had a homeschool blog! I need to improve on that in 2010.
4. To read more to the little ones AND keep track of it on my Library Thing - also in my homeschool blog.
Did great with the older kids, but not so much with Rosie again although we did read a lot at Christmas time. Will have to redouble those efforts in 2011.
5. 5. More prayer time with the kids including the Angelus, First Fridays, and Divine Mercy.
We totally did the Divine Mercy last year! Have to be more consistent with the Angelus and First Fridays as well as Rosary time.
6. Understand more about money this coming year and to find ways to continue to grow our income in a down economy.
Score! Might even get back into e-bay this year!
7. 9. To hit my new weight loss goal before my BIG BIRTHDAY IN JUNE!
Totally didn't hit my weight loss goal but did lose weight and exercised much more regularly. This week so far I have four workouts in! Hope to keep that up into the new year and might even video blog it. We'll see!
8. To practice my instrument at least 3 times a week.
I did more than that the last half of the year. I want to continue and I want to perform more.
9. Keep up with my medical transcription business.
Did it. Kind or looking to try something different in the future though.
10. Make a concerted effort to let the people in my life who are important to me - KNOW THAT!
On going. In addition I am going to try to just think the best of people and not be so critical in real life.
And a new resolution for this year-
11. Become more proficient with my DSLR camera!
Please browse my eBay items!
Visit my new Amazon Store!